What is your most interesting and memorable experience while traveling?
Answered by Thibault Lemaitre, digital marketing consultant
There were a lot! These are some of my favorite memories:
- Chasing one another around the world with my girlfriend was obviously a huge one: it made us realize how small the world can be, in a way. (https://vimeo.com/221050475)
- Another one was meeting her estranged family in Vietnam, or my own estranged cousin in Australia. (https://vimeo.com/226624286)
- In Bali, the driver I had hired for the day ended up taking me to meet his family, and in the evening, he took me out to watch a local football game with his friends: we shouted and cheered for Bali United.
- Halfway around the world, in Melbourne, I met up with one of my closest friends, someone who I've met and grown up with since high school.
- I was taken out in Korea by local friends. We stayed up until 6am going Karaoke, and eating the spiciest â€˜hangover' soup I've ever had
- Also in Korea, I was visiting an ancient Imperial Palace, and I kept running into a Buddhist monk. At some point, he asked me if I could take his picture with his camera, and we ended up visiting the rest of the palace together. He told me that he came from Thailand and then added me on Facebook. I had no idea Buddhist monks were using Facebook! (https://twitter.com/iTibz/status/865867750878494721)
- I've finally seen New York and even made it to the taping of a talk show that I watch with my girlfriend.
- She also took me to my first basketball game.
- And I experienced my first real American Thanksgiving - as someone who grew up and learnt to speak English by watching US TV shows and movies, this was huge for me!
Other answers in the category Travel:
Some random answers on our wiki :