You are very good at connecting with people and making friends. How do you meet new people while traveling?
Answered by Thibault Lemaitre, digital marketing consultant
I'm lucky enough that I already had friends in most of the places I traveled to last year. Some was pure coincidence, and some I knew about in advance. To give you an idea:
- Dubai: a good friend of mine was there, hosted me, and took me around the city!
- Shanghai: friends happened to be there, that I reconnected with.
- Seoul: my cousin had a friend who was in the city - he linked us up, and this dude then introduced me to his Korean friends. After that, I hung out with all of them a few times.
- Australia: 5-6 different friends across Sydney/Melbourne + a cousin in Brisbane (that I met for the first time- Long story explained on my Brisbane/Toowoomba vlog)
- Vietnam: friends backpacking + my girlfriend's extended family
- Singapore: my French volleyball coach from when I was a teenager lives there and he was able to host me. Some of the friends I met in Korea are from Singapore and they showed me around too!
- Malaysia: friends backpacking (in Vietnam) met up with us
- USA: my girlfriend's family and friends
Other answers in the category Travel:
Some random answers on our wiki :